Friday, May 22, 2015

Happy Birthday to You Hailey!

Today is my daughter's 24th birthday!  Happy Birthday to her.  I love you Hailey.

Today's layout is a tribute to her.  She pushes me to do things that I normally wouldn't do.  The latest example was a hike to High Rock Lookout.  I agreed to go as long as it was a trail that was not up a hill and as long as it was more for beginners.  "Sure Mom" was all I heard, so I went.  The first thing that should have given me a clue about this hike is that it's called "High Rock".  Of course it's going to be up hill!!!

To make a long story short, we encountered many downed trees that we had to climb over or under, lots of mud, and lots of snow.  For those of you that are hikers.....you're probably thinking, what a wimp! Yes, I know I am.  It was only 1.6 miles up but it was the hardest 1.6 miles I ever walked.  I couldn't wait to get to the top.  I thought about how I was going to sit down, relax, and enjoy the views.  A Pina Colada or some type of fruity drink would also be nice......now, I'm just dreaming.

I finally made it to the top!  Yeah!!

Climbing up to the fire tower was absolutely terrifying.  I wouldn't even go inside.  It's literally on the side of a cliff.  Hailey's dog Delilah was jumping around the rocks like a jack rabbit.  I thought she was going to give me a heart attack.  I managed to capture a few photos of Hailey.  There are none of me.....I wasn't in the mood for frivolous things like photos.  I just wanted down!  

On a positive note.....I will always remember this day with Hailey!


The Layout:
Supplies:  I used a laminated map of the area to pinpoint where we were hiking, a journaling card which tells the story of our day, and a Heidi Swapp gold foiled title.




No comments:

Post a Comment