Sunday, August 30, 2015

Huckleberry Picking

Today I would like to share with you a layout I created about huckleberry picking.  This was a big part of growing up in Northern Idaho and I still love to go today.  My daughter Hailey really wanted to make homemade jam.  Before she could start, we had to go pick the berries.  This is not always easy depending on the time of the year.  If it's too early in the season, you have to drive further up the mountain, and if it's too late in the season, they will all be picked over.  Going in Grandpa Earl's jeep is all part of the fun.  Hailey was able to gather enough berries (with the help of Grandma, Grandpa, and Mom) to make some freezer jam.  She was so excited to label those first jars.  The jam was yummy!

A little bit about the layout:  I looked for huckleberry paper or embellishments but couldn't find any, so I chose colors that reminded me of picking berries and the outdoors; purple, green, and brown.  I also used my favorite little jar stamp!



No comments:

Post a Comment