Saturday, October 10, 2015

A Fabulous Fall Day

With fall all around us, I was inspired to create a layout using my "stash" of fall products. Since I was using some of my favorite photos on the layout, I wanted it to feel special.  I decided to hand stitch the title "Fabulous Fall Day".  It was time consuming but well worth the extra work.

Hand stitching is not as hard as it may seem, here are a few tips:
  • Select a title and print or hand write your words directly on your scrapbook paper.  If you have a digital program like Photoshop Elements, lower the opacity so that it doesn't print too dark.
  • Put your paper on a self healing mat before you begin to protect your surface.  Using a push pin, poke holes along the outline of the letters.  You can space the holes evenly to get a neat look, or go with the flow of the letter like I did below.  Some of my stitches are long and others are short.  
  • Using an embroidery thread and needle, sew along the outline using the pre-poked holes as your guide to where your needle will go.  I am not a seamstress so I did the type of stitch that I learned in my high school Home Ec class, I think it's called a back-stitch.  There are many videos on YouTube that demonstrate hand stitching.  Have fun and don't worry about perfection!  

Supplies: Paper-Amy Tangerine, Cutting Board Paper-Harvest-Pebbles, Embellishments-Echo Park, October Afternoon, Simple Stories

1 comment:

  1. love that background and I just love all the small embellishments you pick!

    ReplyDelete