Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Stick It Down Design Team

Hi everyone,
I am so excited to be sharing with you my first assignment on the Stick It Down Design Team.

In the spirit of the new year, I thought I would create a layout using some photos from my last year's birthday/New Year's Eve.  For those of you that don't know, my birthday is on December 31st.  This was a special birthday because my brother Mike and my sister-in-law Jennifer flew to Seattle to see me.  

Supplies used:  Paper:  My Story by My Mind's Eye, On Trend by My Mind's Eye, and Signature Essentials by Teresa Collins. 
Embellishments:  My Story by My Mind's Eye, clear clock by Heidi Swapp, white paper doilies by Doodlebug, and gold enamel dots by DIY Shop.

Here is my design:





To add interest to my journaling, I selected a few words that I wanted to stand out and changed the font which draws your eyes to them.





Here is the sketch:

Stick It Down is a great place to find inspiration and new ideas.  Since it's a new year, you might want to enter one of the challenges.  It's a fun way to push your creativity.

The sketches are revealed on the first of each month. You will have all month to create and submit your design by linking it on the site.  A few of the submitted designs will be featured with one winner being chosen and the opportunity to be a guest designer in the future!


10 comments:

  1. I love it, especially the journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, especially the journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great page layout - you did an amazing job! I love how the pebbles "point" to the pictures and the clock behind the pictures carries the theme. Happy Birthday Shanna! So glad I get to "keep in touch" through your creativity that you're sharing. Very blessed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Dotti! I love being able to connect with you! Hope that we can get together soon.

      Delete
  4. Your page is so pretty, Shanna! I love the light colors you chose and the strips of papers along the side. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this page may have to scrap lift for one of my next pages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! That's what we're all here for!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful page Shanna! A perfect interpretation of the sketch...

    ReplyDelete