Saturday, March 5, 2016

Stick it Down March Design: London in a Day

Here is my layout for the Stick it Down March sketch. My interpretation is a little different than the sketch.  I added an extra row of photos because I had so many that I wanted to highlight on this page.

This is what I call a "hybrid" layout.  I created the base of the layout digitally with Adobe Elements and sent the page off to be printed in a 12 x 12 format. (I don't have a printer that prints that large).  I use Persnickety Prints which has always done a fantastic job printing my large photos.  I added the letters and embellishments to the top of the large photo.  These types of layouts seem to be less time consuming because you are not cutting a bunch of photos and spending time lining them up perfectly.  On the downside, you need to have some type of digital software and ability to print a large photo.

Supplies: Digital Template-Paislee Pressplate #37, October Afternoon "Travel Girl" tin pin, & sticker, Studio Calico wood veneer pieces,  letters Thickers/October Afternoon.


Here's the sketch:
Stick It Down is a great place to find inspiration and new ideas.  It's a fun way to push your creativity.

The sketches are revealed on the first of each month. You will have all month to create and submit your design by linking it on the site.  A few of the submitted designs will be featured with one winner being chosen and the opportunity to be a guest designer in the future!




Now let's go create! Shanna

No comments:

Post a Comment