Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Capturing Photos During the Golden Hour

We’ve all heard of kissing a frog, well what about kissing a fish?

As I continue on my journey to take more creative photos, I learn from my daughter Hailey who always gives me fresh, amusing material (without even prompting her). She often teaches me how to let go and have fun with photos!

These photos were taken as the sun was going down.  Professional photographers call this the "golden hour" and I'm trying to learn more about it.  It's said that it's the first hour of light after sunrise and the last hour of light before sunset.  There should be less shadows and harsh highlights and your photos may pick up a warm glow. I believe that I was in the golden hour when I took these photos.  It seems to me that it lasts less than an hour but what do I know?  I've tried to capture the golden hour too many times to count.  If you're not paying attention you may miss it! Believe it or not, there is a golden hour calculator on-line.  

The main goal is to be ready with your camera and take a lot of photos during this period of time. You will know when you capture the right shot!

Often when I have beautiful photos I don’t want to my layout design to be overly complex.  Adding too many embellishment can be distracting. I kept this layout simple; while still leaving a place for my journaling that documented our day. I found the perfect paper that reminded me of the beautiful coloring of a rainbow trout.

Supplies:  Paper-Hue Paper-Chase Rainbows-KaiserCraft, Today Journal Card, Chipboard Letters-Thickers, Pink Mini Letters, Embellishments-Amy Tangerine







Now let's go create!
Shanna

No comments:

Post a Comment